Wednesday, 4 March 2009

THE SKELETON



We were given the Preliminary Task a few weeks ago. We were told to construct a cover and a contents page for a school magazine.

When beginning this task i immediately searched for my ipod, the only way i can ever usually find some creativity within me. The first song on my shuffle was Skeleton Boy by Friendly Fires which gave me a few ideas straight away.

I decided to use Skeleton as the title as it appeared to have some egde to it, and the idea of a black and white theme shortly followed. I thought this theme may appeal to those still in secondary education, which is suitable as that is the target audience for the magazine. I wanted to keep the magazine cover simple and less crowded to allow it to be more appealing, and to also allow it to look realistic.

For some further research i investigated topics and articles that would be suitable for a school magazine, as well as interesting. By doing this i asked some fellow sixth form students for their opinions. This included:

Driving lessons
Prom
Upcoming events
Revision tips
University guides
Reviews
Clubs
Exam dates






The Cover






This is the cover to my school magazine called the skeleton. I deicded to use a black and white theme which relates to the idea of a skeleton which can often be shown through costumes of skeletons. I thought by using some colour it would attract readers to the magazine. The image used relates to the idea of school work getting on top of students, which i used in the literal terms for my image.





I decided to use a simialr layout and style to Glamour magazine for my contents page. I kept house style by using the same font and colour theme in my contents page.


1 comment: