Thursday, 12 March 2009

PLANNING

I have been looking at music videos for some inspiration for my magazine cover and the double page spread. I wanted to create a modern and arty feel for the images of my band. I particularly love the video for 'Florence and the machine- dog days are over'. This is because the images used are distorted and different. The costumes used within the magazine are also modern and different and don't fit the typical trend.


For media at school we are creating a short film with Reelescape and the director of this short film is Vanessa Caswill. I was looking at some of her videos for some inspiration and was inspired by one called 'a fairytale of the city'. This film used the theme of art and emotion through out, which emphasized the idea that image is just as emotive as words. Another film that she created was 'Neopolitan Dreams' which is the music video for the upcoming artist called Lisa Mitchell. The video uses a variety of props to create an arty feel, similar to the artist Fiona Rae who uses bold, bright patterns to create emotion.







Above is an image which is featured on Vanessa Caswill's webpage. I liked hte idea of polaroid cameras and i like how the lighting on the photograph gives a 70's feel. The location and the clothing is also appealing and i liek the contrast between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment